- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Maui Readers™ allow you to read outside with the acuity, comfort, and protection of PolarizedPlus® 2.
- Maui Jim's unique design features an invisible reading segment encased in polycarbonate and positioned to optimize views, while giving you near power when you need it.
- Available with add powers of +1.50, +2.00, and +2.50.
- Polycarbonate Lens: For intense sports activities and active lifestyles, Maui Jim® Polycarbonate lenses are optically correct to ensure crisp optics. They're lightweight, comfortable, extremely impact resistant, and feature our CLEARSHELL® scratch-resistant coating.
- CLEARSHELL® Scratch Coating: A proprietary, silicon-based hard coat that protects both sides of the lens against scratching.
- PolarizedPlus®2 Technology: All Maui Jim® Sunglasses block glare and UV from all angles, manage blue light, and then boost colors for unmatched color, clarity, and contrast.
- Natural Grey Lens offers contrast and the highest available light reduction. Suitable for all light conditions, especially bright, direct sunlight. 12% light transmission.
- HCL® Bronze Lens is perfect for low-light conditions, or for those who like a subtle bronze hue for everyday wear. Offers excellent contrast. 16% light transmission.
- Semi-rimless frames for a virtually unobstructed view.
- Durable Grilamid® frame is flexible, bendable, and lightweight.
- Nickel/Silver Alloy Hinges: Provide strength, easy movement and corrosion resistance.
- Rubber nose grips resist the will of gravity and keep your glasses in place.
- Lens treatments and frames are saltwater safe.
- Case included.
Lens 61mm W x 40mm H
- Lens Width: 122 2⁄7 mm
- Bridge: 6 1⁄6 mm
- Product measurements were taken using size +1.50. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Ho'okipa Readers by Maui Jim. Sorry!
Interested in new Maui Jim products?
Now you can open your eyes to a whole new world of color with Maui Jim Sunglasses featuring PolarizedPlus®2 lens technology—the most advanced polarized lens technology on Earth. It has the power to face down glare and extinguish it completely. Maui Jim’s patented multi-layered lens design allows more usable light to be transmitted to the eyes. Unrivaled visual acuity, contrast and color are the exquisite results. You will experience deeper, more saturated colors and higher levels of contrast in any environment.
Maui Jim continues to revolutionize the sunwear world with the introduction of the Maui Evolution® lens. This proprietary lens material is made for those with active lifestyles. It offers the best qualities of Maui Jim’s ST (SuperThin) glass and Polycarbonate lenses by offering superior optics, scratch resistance and impact resistance in a lightweight, high-index package. Maui Evolution® enhances color with a patented lens treatment.
Available in four lens colors, Maui Jim® offers an option for every level of light. Neutral Grey lenses offer contrast and the highest available glare reduction and are suitable for all light conditions, especially bright, direct sunlight. Maui Rose® lenses offer the sharpest contrast and image resolution. They are excellent for fast action activities, overcast or foggy days. HCL® (High Contrast Lens) Bronze lenses offer enhanced contrast and are ideal for hazy and low light conditions. The new HT™ (High Transmission) lenses are perfect for variable and low light conditions, haze, fog, or overcast days and feature a flattering palm tint without a distracting yellow cast.
Protect your eyes from harmful glare today without blocking out any of the vibrant colors around you with a pair of Maui Jim® sunglasses!
Maui Jim Ho'okipa Readers
Good but not great - These Maui Jim's are the usual great Maui Jim's from the front, but the bifocal line is very prominent. It is somewhat distracting to read with. I am used to a larger reading area and this one is on the small side. You might want to order a stronger prescription they seem on the weak side.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Chicago, IL
- April 13, 2009
I wanted another pair of Maue Jim s that I could wear outdoors and still read without changing to my standard reading glasses. These are great as sun glasses and perfect for reading. They took a little getting used to looking through lower part of the lense to read. Zappos is the only way to buy online. Thanks!
- Dave - customer
- from Mechanicsville, Va.
- February 9, 2012
As always the Maui Jim lenses are clear, do not distort the view, and lightweight. Many sunglasses feel too tight and give me headaches, but never my Mauis. The readers work very well. I wish they came in more styles, but I am happy with them. They come with a lightweight protective case and a lovely cloth bag to store and to clean them. Also, this is a great company. Several years ago a pair of my sunglasses broke. I mailed them to the company and for $10 they were replaced, since they could not be fixed. Great experience all the way around.
- Esther P - customer
- from Durham, NC
- August 23, 2011
I am very pleased with the darkness of the lenses for bright sun days. I was worried by comments about the placement of the reader lens being too far down, but I like these a lot. Expensive, but the best I've found so far.
- Stuart A - customer
- from Seattle, WA
- July 28, 2011
Have had these readers for over 6 months and I just love them. They're incredibly lightweight and yet feel very sturdy (you can really tell that they are well made), and the optics are wonderful. I use them for driving (both car and boat) and for reading at poolside, and they are so much easier than switching from sunglasses to my regular readers. Plus, the Maui Jim styling is great and I get lots of compliments. By far the best readers I've ever owned, and well worth the price.
- Ken C - customer
- from Farmington Hills, Michigan
- July 6, 2011