Zappos.com - Glossary Terms
In addition to offering a wide variety of shoes, clothing, handbags, accessories, and more! We strive to provide you with the best service in the industry. We feel it is our duty to not only provide you with great service, but we would also like to provide a reference guide for you to learn more about us and our industry. We are giving you the inside scoop to our company glossary so you can learn about shoes, handbags and accessories just like us. We hope this guide is useful to you and will make you feel more confident about the features that our products provide. Enjoy!
- Imitation Leather
- Any synthetic material made to look like leather.
- Induction Cooktop
- Unlike other forms of cooking, heat is generated directly in the pot or pan (cooking vessel), as opposed to being generated in the stovetop by electrical coils or burning gas. To be used on an induction cooker, a cooking vessel must be made of a ferromagnetic metal, such as cast iron or stainless steel.
- Industry Footwear
- Work/industrial footwear with OSHA and A.N.S.I. ratings. If you need industrial footwear, you will find it here. View the Industry Collection
- Ingrown Nail
- A nail edge or side that digs painfully into the skin. They are frequently caused by improper nail trimming, but also by shoe pressure, injury, fungus infection, heredity, and poor foot structure.
- Injection Molded Construction
- A type of sole unit construction created by injecting melted PVC or a similar material into the sole mold. Injection molded construction is an efficient way to mass-produce footwear.
- The hidden seam of a welted shoe holding together the welt, upper, lining, and insole. Also, in clothing it is the seam that binds the length of the inner pant leg.
- is a fabric panel or garment piece that is sewed into a garment.
- A lining that runs the full length of the inside of the shoe.
- The upper, center section of the foot, between the toes and ankle.