Zappos.com - Glossary Terms
In addition to offering a wide variety of shoes, clothing, handbags, accessories, and more! We strive to provide you with the best service in the industry. We feel it is our duty to not only provide you with great service, but we would also like to provide a reference guide for you to learn more about us and our industry. We are giving you the inside scoop to our company glossary so you can learn about shoes, handbags and accessories just like us. We hope this guide is useful to you and will make you feel more confident about the features that our products provide. Enjoy!
- A style of pump featuring one or both sides cut-out.
- Décolleté Neckline
- is a plunging lowcut neckline.
- Demi Boot
- A style of boot whose shaft is generally no taller than the anklebone.
- The surface of the watch located under the hands usually containing the numbers and markers.
- Distressed Leather
- This is another term used for antiqued leather.
- Dolman Sleeve
- is a sleeve with a large armhole and extends from the bodice to a narrow cuff. Also called a "batwing sleeve."
- Drawstring Handbag
- Any handbag with a string or cord (rather than a zipper or latch) closure.
- Drawstring Neckline
- is a neckline that is accented with drawstrings.
- The application of polish or gloss to a shoe to maintain its finish and appearance.
- A dual layered configuration composed of a moisture-absorbing hydrophilic nylon fiber and a moisture-resisting hydrophobic polyester layer knitted together.
- Duffel Bag
- An unstructured, spacious bag featuring a top zipper and two handles. Originally designed for military use.
- Durabrush is made of synthetic suede and micro-fiber materials to create a smooth, soft upper.
- Duty Shoe
- A health care professional or service industry shoe.